Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Moo!

On our first trip West with the kiddos (age 3 and 6, they're now 23 and 26), the youngest saw cattle grazing alongside the road and yelled, "Look! COWS!".
It goes down as one of those crazy road trip tales as the driver took that to mean, "Look out!" and proceeded to do some crazy road trip driving.
We can laugh about that now.

Now our homestead is nestled in the foothills of the Bradshaw Mountains and our little hamlet is entirely "open range."
THAT is FUNNY!
That means ranchers can let their animals roam anywhere. That means we can wake to the sound of cows mooing as they graze on the prickly pear cactus just the other side of our fence. It means we often get dangerously close to very large hamburgers with feet while night driving.


I don't know if you can see that; I tried to approximate what it might look like driving head first into a steer on a country road.

What does any of this have to do with art? It's the EIM this week, "cow."


That's from a child's search and find puzzle book that I found in my stash of piles of magazines. (Yeah, yeah, I need to do the dishes!).

Elsewhere, the objective is a lot of hearts for Saint Valentine's Day. For IAST 182:


For the Diva 303, my Valentine to you (I followed Laura's lead and went with the Hefty Hack method:


And I revisited 302 as I realized that I didn't have the hang of that tangle. At. All.


(The central tangle reminds me of Mummenschanz, which I saw at the Wang Theater, once upon a time. Have you ever been? They're still performing!)

I think that's about it, for now. Thanks for dropping by. Be sure to check out all the other artists' blogs, there is so much creativity in the weird wide web.
Hope you have a brilliant day! And watch out for cows!

15 comments:

  1. Nice, interesting tiles you showed us, my favorite is the one for the Diva with the Hefty Hack Method witch give beautiful colors. I have never tried this technique but it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! I used Prismacolor student grade brush tip markers. I don't have a variety of colours, but what I do have are vibrant and work well with the method. And it's fun to do! c

      Delete
  2. Love both your Valentangle pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and great valentine Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had an encounter with a deer last year, so I don't think I would be happy to have to deal with cows in the road. I love your open range, LOL, and your hearts tangles are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, Jean! It's scary out there. love to drive, don't want to meet one of these beasts in the dark--it's a real eye-opener!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful tiles! The IAST heart is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tiles and inchie (loved the cow tail!)...Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the 'cow' story! Also like all the work you show us here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are lovely! Especially I like your Diva challenge tile! Thanks for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your niche and the heart tangles.

    ReplyDelete