Wednesday, June 29, 2016

We are Victorious

It's a good thing I'm kind of ahead of myself as all of a sudden it's "INFERNO" season. That's when the temperatures are too hot to rain (115 to 120F) then it cools ever so slightly but the humidity goes up. Yes, from single digits to forty percent or better. It wants to rain.
When it does rain, we stop what we're doing and watch the sky or even better, stand out in the drizzle and act like we've never seen water fall from the heavens. Well, we get about three inches a year, so it's not a normal occurrence.
We haven't yet seen it where we could use a little less of it--where it pours all at once for twenty minutes. The weather wonks call it "monsoon" season. Back East it was "HHH" for hazy, hot and humid.
I guess i just need to add another "H." And it's not for "hilarious."

Here are some thoughts on "Physics" for the EIM. I'm glad I saved Einstein for this week.

That's a solar flare thanks to NASA; a hydrogen bomb test code-named, "Ivy Mike," from the DOEnergy files; another NASA image, the Helix Galaxy, also known as the "Eye of God," and Albert Einstein, who advocated a liberal dose of imagination in life. I'm glad his brain did a lot of heavy lifting so we don't have to!

Last week was an investigation into "Victory" for this week's TwobyTwobyTuesday. I liked what I did, but one in particular needed a quick revamp:


Funny, that's what the Diva was thinking for her challenge to us tangly people. I didn't so much rework an old piece (the point of the exercise) so much as just re-do it.























The one on the right was done while I was still in that "will-not-shade-at-any-cost" phase, while working through the exercises in "One Zentangle a Day." The scribbles are an indication of what the string looked like. The new one has dimension (including using the General white charcoal for highlights), a full-range of tones from light to dark, but lacks variety in form. Everything is a similar size. I need to diversify!
(BTW, I still haven't finished that book. WAAAAY too many different types of materials needed, even for me! Yet, it's a great introduction to method outside official Zentangle releases and a source book for tangles and methods).

I finally did last week's IAST. It seemed disingenuous of me to skip over an important milestone for Adele's blog just because I didn't like the string. I shy away from representative images as it shuts down  my creative juices and I just could not make this one work in its original form. So I rotated the string and made a mirror image of it. The result is a full-moon garden which evolved when I didn't worry about what it should be. The stripe represents the Milky Way, much like graphic representations of the stars in Native American petroglyphs.
So much for non-representational artforms....


Colored with Spectrum Noir professional pencils. (ANYBODY out there have the Essentials set??! Must have...And then there's the whole batch of watercolor sets they came out with! No more art supplies, ha!) And I'm very happy with my new Brother all-in-one; color scans are spot-on. I love Photoshop, but if I don't have to use it, all the better.

To my friends stateside, a very happy Fourth. And to all, have a brilliant day! c

19 comments:

  1. good choices of pictures for your inchies - a reminder of the beauty and power of physics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is powerful and all-encompassing. It was kind of hard to narrow down my choices. Glad you liked what I put together, Kia. c

      Delete
  2. Great little Physics inchies. Einstein must have been something in his day! Your remix does show the benefits of shading. Colored pencils? Yes. (LOL, I've got just about every kind!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to behave and not buy more art stuff and that's not going well. I have all the Spectrum Noir "stuff" save for the permanent pencils in Essential set. And the price tag is outrageous. Helps me behave, I guess. I love Einstein, especially the hair! c

      Delete
  3. Great post with lots of wonderful projects. Love the inchies

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrissie. Glad you stopped by! c

      Delete
  4. love all the tangles, you have a great imagination for that kind of thing. I do love the new shaded challenge piece and the twinchie is awesome. Love Lady Liberty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Free! I appreciate your kindnesses. c

      Delete
  5. Beautiful tiles & wonderful remix! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A highly entertaining post this week- love it all!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally, I'm happy to entertain. Even better with a nice bottle of vino, some nice nibbly bits of cheese and crackers. But barring that...my words will have to do! c

      Delete
  7. Love your inchies and tangles, they certainly look better with the shading. Love your weather stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much appreciated, Wendy. Glad I can share some of our weather...it's different here. c

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind thoughts, Annemarie and that you always stop by! c

      Delete
  9. I do like your ichie and about this week challenge: congratulations: every tangle on the second tile is drawn more beautiful and the adding of shadow make this tile wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Maria. Thanks for saying such scrumptious thoughts. c

      Delete
  10. I love your remix...the shading really makes all that beautiful linework pop! I love your inchie and I absolutely LOVE the way you did Adele's 150 IAST. Wonderful work....all of it!

    ReplyDelete