Tuesday, April 28, 2015

This is NOT a Maze

My most gracious thanks go out to you all who dropped by this past week. Those who left comments, did so delightfully. I'm am grateful that you spent the time to visit with me and I am humbled that what I said resonated with so many and how I said it was deeply appreciated.
I savor those thoughts.
I guess I've raised the bar to that which I must achieve. Forgive me if occasionally I just walk under it.
Hopefully today is not one of those days.
I got my creative juices going by checking in at EIM. The word of the week is "shell," (and there's this crazy coincidence with my research for "Royal"). I drew a zinchie, my official response, then I went on to drawing a twinchie using the pattern, "Sanibelle."

Zinchies--I'm up to 111!
Undersea 2.0
I thought I'd try using some sea shell stickers I have laying about, but they were much too big for an inchie. So i gathered some magazine elements and a shell sticker for a different twinchie:

Ce n'est pas un coquillage
This is not a sea shell
I felt I was channeling Rene Magritte just ever so much and then I got lost looking at some of his work, some serious paintings in the surrealist manner....In that vein, "This is not a seashell," just a representation of one. It can't be a seashell if it's hanging on my refrigerator!

Since I was working this through on Sunday in anticipation of EIM, I was amused when the Diva put forth a challenge for a labyrinth on Monday.

This is not a maze. (We did those at Twobytwo, silly. That is soooo last week).

There's a labyrinth not far from here. Every once in a while I think I'll go and actually "do" it. It sits all nicely groomed, like a zen garden and the path is marked with rocks. The thing of it is, it sits about 50 feet/15 meters, if that, from the road. There's traffic buzzing by at 50 mph/80 kmh.
I can't figure where to park my car.
I never stop. I hardly slow down. (Metaphor for life, yes?)
So, I wanted to channel the concept, to be mindful of the process, to slow down and "be" in the labyrinth.

It was an admirable attempt, and certainly deserves another try. I managed to focus and pay attention to what I was doing, working from the outside in and back out again. That's something!

Meanwhile, my to-do list expanded to include the It's New to Me challenge, since the letter of the week is D and I found the pattern DL Labyrinth that I must try out. Plus, (shameless self-promotion alert!) I have to get back to working on "Royal." Please join in on the fun, won't you?

19 comments:

  1. Gosh, that not-a-shell inchie! So different, love that representation! Congratulations on your triple one zinchie. So much to do - mazes (I mean labyrinths), a new list of twinchie themes :)........................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Zoe! Glad you like what I've been up to. I have plenty of ideas, certainly. And funny thing of it is, none of it includes housework. If I'm vacuuming it means I'm avoiding deadlines. I did finish the list for 2015 twinchies and already working on 2016...Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  2. Love all the work. I think the maze would be awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freebird, you are so kind. If I ever try the labyrinth out, I'll bring back my report. I am cure it is a true lesson in mindfulness. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  3. I like your tile. It looks easy to get in and out of. I think I would be afraid to go into a "real" labyrinth. Look at what happened to Harry Potter, and Alice! No, I'd drive by too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really think the one in New River is anything quite like what Harry Potter found himself in---it has no walls or obstacles, just one continuous loop in and out. Which is why I drew mine the way I did--nothing too complicated. Besides, the directions on the internet made my head hurt. Have a brilliant day, Jean! c

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Trillian! Your challenge this week was quite inspirational to me--gave me a lot of jumping off points and I followed most of them to fruition. That rarely happens--I usually get side-tracked and end up with a few more unfinished projects than when I started my day. Have a brilliant one! c

      Delete
  5. Ik waardeer dat je stoppen door elke week, Annemarie, en laat mooie gedachten te denken. Heb een briljante dag! c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I pop in it looks like you're having way too much fun! I don't think I could keep up with you, even on my best days!

    As a side note, vacuuming is definitely reserved for avoiding deadlines... in my opinion it should never, ever be something you actually schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky, I am having fun! And surely I don't schedule vacuuming--it just happens. But if I'm scrubbing pots, watch out!
      Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  7. a great idea to actually "do"-"walk" the labyrinth. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Gloria...one of these days I'll really do it! Glad you liked my interpretation. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kia! I'm not done with that concept yet--I had to hold back for some other projects I have going on. Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  9. Always an adventure here :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Adventure is our middle name! HA! Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete
  10. Nice inchie shell and very nice labyrinth! such fine line work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Suzy! I'm still working on the INTM for the letter "D," just in time for the next one! Have a brilliant day! c

      Delete