Friday, August 8, 2014

It's a String Thing #52

While I was wandering the rabbit warren of the web, I was introduced to the "It's a String Thing" challenges by Adele Bruno, CZT. This week's challenge is a string (outline drawing) of a birthday candle to celebrate her one year of presenting challenges to all those tangly people with a list of allowable patterns. Here's my answer to the call (and I used up all the tangles!):


I wanted to do a more traditional Zentangle, so I chose to keep the candle as white space and work around it. The result looks to me like a woman in a long dress with a cape fluttering in the wind, like Little Red Riding Hood or something the Bronte sisters could conjure on the Scottish moors. Perchance, I might think too much!
i've included it on my Flickr photostream; perhaps we'll see this on Ms. Bruno's blog next week!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, I adore all the tangles everyone does and yours are no exception! You are all so patient and talented! I was looking to follow your blog but I cant seem to find the follow button. Just wanted you to know. Take care and have a creative day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness. I'll have to look into the follow thing, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I am honored that you are interested in what I'm doing and what i have to offer. Much happiness!

      Delete